Connecting apps to Dataships will allow your users to manage their personal data, consents, etc. via your Privacy Center
Connect an app to Dataships
- Login to your Dataships account via the Control Panel (here):
- Enter your e-mail address in the Email field and click Continue.
- Enter your password in the Password field and click Sign in.
- Click Apps. It can be found towards the top left of the screen along the menu bar.
- Search for the App you would like to connect to. There are three possible buttons that may appear under each app tile.
- Add - Adds the app to your Control Panel. N.B. some Apps require configuration before connecting fully. The button will change to "Manage" in that case.
- Manage - This takes you to the application management page where you can configure the app to connect it fully. This usually involves inputting an API key to connect the app.
- Send Request - This takes you to a page to submit your request for this app. These apps are in our pipeline and we will be releasing them soon. Submitting your request will help us prioritize them in our pipeline.
- To integrate with a specific app click on the Add then Manage button.
- Once you click Manage there are 4 possible views of the App management screen.
- No section to input credentials - If there are no input fields for username/password etc. this means this App is already connected.
- Check connection button - If there is a button to check for a connection, you must fill in the credentials using the instructions provided and click this button. Once the credentials are verified, click on the Save details button.
- Allow Access - Click on this button to open a new page where you will be asked to log in to the respective app. Upon successful login, the connection between the App and your Dataships account will be established.
- Save Details and Allow Access Button - If you come across the few apps that have both of these buttons, please input all required details and click on Save Details before clicking on the Allow Access button.
- Once you have clicked Save the newly connected app will appear in your Dataships Privacy Center and you can now manage your newly connected app through Features and Modify Permissions.
P.S. Check out Knowledge Center for instructions on how to connect specific apps.