Connecting your Zendesk app to Dataships will allow your users to manage their personal data via your Privacy Center
Connect Zendesk to Dataships
- Login to your Dataships account via the Control Panel (here):
- Enter your e-mail address in the Email field and click Continue.
- Enter your password in the Password field and click Sign in.
- Click Apps. It can be found towards the top left of the screen along the menu bar.
- Search for "Zendesk", then Click Add, then Manage.
- This integration requires a Zendesk subdomain, username and token. Login to your Zendesk account and get these credentials.
- Subdomain - If you didn't enable the host-mapping feature in Zendesk Support, your subdomain can be identified from the account's URL: https://[yoursubdomain].zendesk.com. You can also get a list of Zendesk subdomains that your email address is associated with from the Remind me page. Paste your subdomain into the subdomain field in Control Panel.
- Username - write here the email address / username that you login to Zendesk with.
- Token - API tokens are managed in the Support admin interface at Zendesk > Admin > Channels > API. Read and accept the Terms and Conditions if you have not already. Enable Token access. Then click on Add token. Click Save and copy the token. Paste this into the token field in Control Panel.
- Click on Check Connection to test the credentials.
- If the credentials from the steps above are correct, you can Save details in Dataships Control Panel.
That's it! Your Zendesk app is now connected to Dataships.
Note when copying your subdomain from Zendesk please ensure you do not include any full stops or slashes. Additionally, in the email and API key please ensure there are no trailing spaces before checking the connection.