When a user uses the Data Access Gateway to log a custom request you will receive an email notification from Dataships. You can also view and action these requests in the Control Panel.
To fulfill a custom request
- Login to your Dataships account via the Control Panel (here):
- Enter your e-mail address in the Email field and click Continue.
- Enter your password in the Password field and click Sign in.
- Click Inbox. It can be found towards the top left of the screen along the menu bar.
- By default, you will be on the Custom Request page.
- Under the Pending Requests section, you can see all Custom Requests that are awaiting your action. Click on the Details beside the request you want to view.
- Under the Action Required section, you will see a textbox with the request message that was sent in by the data subject. It is your responsibility to honor/discard their request/query. N.B. this may require you to do some additional work outside of Dataships.
- Once their request has been fulfilled (either within Dataships or outside), click on the Mark as Done button.
- A popup modal will open with an input field for you to record the action you have taken. Please take your time to fill out this section as it may be required for your company for audit purposes later.
- Confirm the modal when you're done.