If you receive an erasure request from a data subject, you have 30 days to decline. When the 30 days elapse, the request will be accepted automatically.
You must have a valid legal basis to decline a request. If you are unsure please reach out to your Customer Success Manager and they can support you with this.
To Decline an Erasure Request
- Login to your Dataships account via the Control Panel (here):
- Enter your e-mail address in the Email field and click Continue.
- Enter your password in the Password field and click Sign in.
- Click Inbox. It can be found towards the top left of the screen along the menu bar.
- By default, you will be on the Custom Request page. Switch to Erasure Request page.
- Under the Pending Requests section, you see all Erasure Requests that are awaiting your action. Click on the Details beside the request you want to view.
- Under the Action Required section, you will see a a button to accept and another to decline the request. Click on the Decline button.
- A popup modal will open with an input field for you to record the reason for you to decline. Please take your time to fill out this section as it may be required for your company for audit purposes later.
- Confirm the modal when you're done.