Update the layout and theme of your Privacy Center via the Control Panel
In order for your end users to recognize the Privacy Center as your own, it is recommended that you update the layout and theme in line with your website and branding. Through the Control Panel you will be able to change the layout, customize the banner image, banner text, and the colour scheme for your Privacy Center.
Update your layout and theme
- Login to your Dataships account via the Control Panel (here):
- Enter your e-mail address in the Email field and click Continue.
- Enter your password in the Password field and click Sign in.
- Click Comply. It can be found towards the top left of the screen along the menu bar.
- By default you will be brought to the Company Profile sub-page (see sidebar on the left of the screen). Click Privacy Centre on the same sidebar.
- Depending on what you would like to customize, please follow the relevant steps below.
1. Change the Layout
- Select the Layout you would like to use for your Privacy Center.
- Click Save.
2. Customize the colour scheme and font
- Switch to the Theme Tab.
- In keeping with your brand colours choose a Primary Colour and Secondary Colour by clicking on each small rectangle in turn.
- Choose your colour by either:
- Selecting from one of the default colours at the bottom
- Moving the pointer and slider
- Entering your chosen Hex (6 digit hexadecimal) code
- Entering your chosen RGBA combination (between 0 and 255)
- Chose your Font from the dropdown provided.
- Click Save and Publish at the bottom of the screen.
3. Change the company logo
- Find the relevant heading on the page - Company Logo.
- To upload your banner image file, click Upload under the 'Company Logo' sub-heading.
- Navigate to where you have saved the logo file on your computer or company shared drive and click Open.
- Click Save.
- If you would like to use the default company logo, click Remove logo.
4. Customize the banner image
- Find the relevant heading on the page - Banner Image.
- To upload your banner image file, click Browse. We recommend using horizontal images as these display the best on the Privacy Center.
- Navigate to where you have saved the file on your computer or company shared drive and click Open.
- Click Upload.
If you would like to use the default banner image, click Use Default.
You can verify the changes by navigating to your live Privacy Center on your website or by generating a preview Live Preview tab.