Add Dataships Cookies Tool on your Shopify Store to track your website visitors in a compliant way
It only takes a few minutes to add a Cookies Tool on your Shopify Store. Once live, your visitors will be able to accept or block certain categories of cookies as required by law.
Add Cookies Tool
- Login to your Shopify Store (here).
- Next, you will need to add some code to display the Cookie Consent banner on every page.
- Under the Sales Channels section in the menu bar on the left, click on Themes then Actions > Edit Code.
- Go to Layout folder and open the theme.liquid file.
- Then login to your Dataships Control Panel (here) and click Comply from the menu bar. In the left sidebar menu, navigate to the Website Installation. Scroll down to the "Cookie script" section and copy this code.
- Then paste this code as the very first script within the <head> tag in your Shopify theme.liquid file.
- Verify that new visitors are seeing a Cookies Banner on your website.
- Verify that no tracking cookies are being placed prior to user consent. Please get in touch with us if you need help with this.
That's it! Your website should be tracking and blocking cookies as appropriate :)