Add the Cookies banner to your website in minutes by following the instructions below
It is important for your website to have a cookies banner in order to meet the guidelines set out in the EU ePrivacy Directive, especially if you have website visitors from the EU. Authorities responsible for the enforcement of the law on ePrivacy such as Data Protection Commission (DPC), Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) may check your website periodically.
STEP 1: Your Dataships on-boarding contact will get in touch with you to initiate the setup of the Cookies banner for your website. It involves an initial scan of your website (which can take up to 24 hours) and designing a banner according to your branding.
Once STEP 1 has been completed. you can now put the Cookies banner live on your website. In order to do so please follow the steps below.
- Login to your Dataships Control Panel account here.
- Click Comply from the menu bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Website Installation.
- Copy the code under the Cookie Script section and paste it as the very first script within the HEAD-tag of your entire website.
- Verify that new visitors are seeing the cookies banner on your website.
- Verify that no tracking cookies are being placed on the browser prior to user consent. Please get in touch with us if you need help with this.
TIP: If you're unable to see the cookies banner after following the steps above, it could be due to a number of reasons. For example, your IP address could be detected to be outside the EU or you might have given consent via cookies banner already. The banner should appear in a new incognito window if you're inside the EU.